Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This One's For the Girls...

Don't think Martina McBride song...think too much information. I warned you.

So I'm super excited over something that might raise a few eyebrows. I got my period last night. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see Aunt Flo before! If you recall my previous posts, I mentioned that I still haven't gotten it since I was pregnant, so it's been MIA for the last 10 months (even after quitting breast feeding at 7 weeks). So why is this a good thing? The absence of my period meant that my hormones were messed up (specifically prolactin), and, you guessed it, now that I have my period back, things are back on track! Yay! This could also account for the fact that I haven't been feeling the best (ok, that's an understatement), in the past week or so. Both myself and my psychiatrist are hopeful that once "she" is gone that I will be back on the up and up. *smile*

So enough of that...men you can re-join now ;)

I have some positive news to report...I've spent the last two days at home for most of the day, and I've done really well! Yesterday Chelsea (nanny) and I took Adelyn to her Story Hour, then went shopping to Walmart in the afternoon. Again, that may seem like nothing to anyone else, but that is huge for me. Today, I have spent all day at my mom's with Adelyn and (don't tell anyone) I had some alone time with her when my mom ran out to the store. It went well! I didn't feel overly stressed and my "bad" thoughts didn't resurface like they have in the past. I haven't stressed about keeping her busy and about her nap times, etc. I have, for the most part, been going with the flow. And I don't flow very well these days! So this is all good stuff!

I'm very cautious to say things have gone well though, because I'm so used to feeling terrible. I pray that things DO continue on the up and up and that I will be able to go home (comfortably) in the next few weeks.

Happy to give a good report,
Amanda

6 comments:

  1. Great news!!!!!! I pray things continue to go well for you and Adelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I hope getting your period resets things for you and you can continue to recover! Glad to see you're seeing things positively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Amanada! Glad to hear things are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY to Aunt Flow !!
    You did great today... was sad to see you go back to the hospital!

    Love you - keep up the great work!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete