Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rainy Days

Rainy days make it even harder to be in here...not being able go outside for a walk, or to Tim's...This morning I went and got myself a coffee from the cart downstairs, so that was my outing. Last night one of the nurses brought in her pedometer for me and I found out that it is 1000 steps to the ER and back to Norris. So, my goal is to walk that at least 5 times during the days that I am stuck here. I know you're supposed to walk 10,000 steps per day, but I thought this would be a good start!

I have some good news - last night I felt good! Like, really good! Almost high. I also started feeling a little sick to my stomach, so I really feel like the meds are starting to do their thing. I still have a LONG road to go before I'm "better",but this glimpse of hope is really encouraging. I have been on Pristiq for a week today, so we have more weeks of observation before I know if it is really going to work for me (yes, I will be here that whole time). It's one thing to feel good in here...and it's a whole other thing to go home and feel good, and not overwhelmed. One step at a time, and this is one step in the right direction.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Adelyn and Greg this weekend,I just don't know when that will be since Greg is working today :( If he finishes on time then he can pick me up for a bit...I'm only allowed to go out for 4 hours max right now (which is fine with me). I'm just hoping that Greg's day will go well and I can get out for a bit.

I also wanted to let people know that I am having problems with responding to comments on the blog - I am using a netbook to write and there are some things that it won't let me do, and commenting seems to be one of them.I wanted you all to know that I read and appreciate ALL comments, and just because I don't respond doesn't mean I'm not reading them, so please keep them coming, they are very encouraging!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment