Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Mother's Love

Lately I've been feeling more bonded to Adelyn - and the other day, I started to think "this is what a mother's love must feel like". However, as I thought about it more, I realized that I have been loving Adelyn with a self-less love this entire time. I have loved her more than my own life; when I thought about how many pills I would have to take, and how deep I would have to cut; I thought of her face. When I wanted to give up and leave this world and never ever look back, I thought of her smiles. If it weren't for the love of a mother to a daughter, I would not still be here today. So that's really something if you ask me.

Fortunately, instead of an unconscious love, I have been developing a strong bond with Adelyn in the past few weeks. I have learned how to love her better, and how to be a better mom. It hurts me to leave her, whereas before I couldn't care less if I was away from her. I WANT to be with her, and when I'm away from her, I think about all the cute things she does, and how much I am falling in love with her little face.

My outings are still going well - I go out every day for at least 6 hours, and have been doing a lot of her care (well, almost all of it) when I am out. Today I am at my in-laws house and so far I have gotten Adelyn up, fed her breakfast, played with her and put her down for a nap. That is a pretty big deal for me. I'm still getting pretty stressed, but I'm learning how to manage the stress better, and not to let my thoughts go down hill when I am. For example, before, if I would have been overwhelmed my immediate thought would be about how I could kill myself...now those thoughts don't cross my mind, thank goodness.

I have another little story about how God's hand has been working in my life - I don't know how many people know this, but I had been working towards applying to the part-time nursing program at Niagara College (I did a chem. and psych. course to apply). Well, I just got my acceptance letter two days ago. I was really happy I got in, however, it sent me into a tailspin because I didn't know how I was going to make this all work. I have mentioned my work issues on here before, so you should all know how conflicted I am about it. So that's all I was thinking about..work school work school work school...I prayed and prayed for an answer. Well, this morning I decided, reluctantly, that this wasn't the right time for school. Wouldn't you know it, but I just checked my email and received a notice that the RPN program from 2011-2012 is being suspended! I am SO thankful for this! It took the decision out of my hands and gives me a guilt-free solution. I think this is a pretty awesome answer to prayer. Now just to receive and answer about work! I'm still working on that one...

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I love this post so much!!! :)

    God is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Amanda! Such a powerful testament of God's work in your life, both in developing your beautiful bond with Adelyn, but also in how He gave you discernment for your decision for school. Next to verbally and audibly telling you so, I think hearing of the program's suspension is God's way of saying "You trusted me, you listened to me and you obeyed me, I'm so proud of you, I love you!"
    So happy to read this post!
    Love and prayers,
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete