Friday, March 11, 2011

Progress Report

Happy Friday everyone! I am very happy to say that I have had a good day! Even though it's dreary outside, I managed to end the day with a warmth in my heart (awww). I had a bad night's sleep last night - 3 code reds (fire alarm pulled) and a screaming patient - but somehow woke up feeling rested. I had to kill some time, but at 11:30am Tiffany came to pick me up for an outing. We drove home and I couldn't wait to see Adelyn...really looking forward to it. I got in the door and she had a huge gummy smile to greet us, it was so cute.

I took the three ladies - Chelsea (the nanny), Tiffany, and Adelyn out for lunch at Cafe on Main. Adelyn was so awesome while we were there - didn't make much of a peep except for when she was talking at us. I was so happy that everything went well...we went home and I gave her a bottle and put her down for a nap. Being able to go out on that short outing was huge for me, and it really helped to build my confidence.

Now I'm up to spending two hours with Adelyn at a time...great progress for me and I'm very happy with that. I know I have a long ways to go but I am able to stay on track because I can feel that things are looking up...even though its small small steps.

So, for the weekend - I'm planning on going out both days for a few hours, and would like to try a half day on Sunday (need to talk to Dr, Asti first). It has been really hard for me to be here the last few days - mostly because I want to be at home, and also because its been quite loud and rambunctious here. But, I keep trying to tell myself, the harder it gets to be here, the easier it will be to leave.

TGIF,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment