Friday, April 1, 2011

No News is Good News

"How did it go??" I've answered this question a thousand times over in the last 24hours (but I don't mind). Everyone wanting to know how my overnight went...and I really don't know what to say! Everything went well - I didn't sleep but that's typical. Nothing really eventful happened, for which I am thankful.

We took Adelyn swimming and I'm happy to report that it was a good experience! She didn't like getting out, and changing was difficult, but overall everything went well. I don't understand how someone could do that on their own though - I had Kris with me and that's the only way we could make it work (with changing, etc). Adelyn LOVED the water - all smiles. I would post a picture but they wouldn't let us take any :(

After swimming I came home and made pizza for dinner (didn't want to stress myself with cooking). I was so nervous about how Adelyn would be, considering her nap was messed up, but thankfully she was really good. If she would have been cranky I most likely would not have taken her swimming again, so I'm very thankful that things went the way they did.

Me spending the night at home was nice - but stressful at the same time. I have a really hard time waking up to Adelyn's "talking". I don't know why it is so hard, especially because she is so happy when she wakes up. I get very anxious, my heart starts to pound and I can't relax in bed - I'm wide awake long before Adelyn even stirs. I missed one of my sleeping pills that night, so I'm hoping that the next overnight I will be able to wake up more relaxed.

I then spent the whole day at home - I learned Adelyn is usually cranky in the morning, so that's something I have to deal with. Other than that the day, again, was uneventful and I don't have anything exciting to say! Overall, it was a success!

I went back to the hospital and saw my doctor this morning. She has given me another overnight tomorrow, and next week I will try two consecutive nights in a row at home. She said she is starting to think about discharge, so that's a good sign. There is no official date yet, but I am thinking this will be my last week in the hopsital (of course that could change). Just my opinion as of right now.

I think all the thoughts and prayers are paying off right now - good things are happening in my life and I am so extremely thankful. Please continue to pray that healing with be taken to the next level and I can get to where I should be. Thank-you for everything - for the prayers, for the well-wishes, for reading this blog. I appreciate each and every one of you :)

Enjoy the sunshine,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment