Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One of My Obsessions

This has been something I've been obsessing about since I found out I was pregnant: work. I was worried immediately what I would do with regards to my job (which I love). Now that my maternity leave is drawing somewhat to a close (I have 4 months left), it's something that's been on the forefront of my mind.

For those of you that don't know me personally, I am the Recreation Director at a local retirement home. I spent 6 months trying to get this job, and was thrilled when I finally got it. I love my residents and I love what I do. Here comes the problem; I do not think I can return full-time and they won't let me go part-time. I know that moms go back to work all the time, but given my situation I don't see how I could possibly go to work 40-45 hours per week and still take care of Adelyn and be a good wife, etc. etc. I can barely take care of Adelyn NOW, so how on earth could I work that much as well??

So now I feel like I've really gotten the short end of the stick - I've spent my (almost) entire maternity leave depressed, and now I have to give up the job that I love, since I see no other option. To make matters worse I can't stay home and enjoy time with Adelyn, I have to go back to work because we need the extra money...so I can't have the job that I want, I have to go out and find something else that will let me be part-time, and make decent money. Sigh.

I give all the credit in the world to you moms out there that work full-time. That is one feat that I know I couldn't handle....at least I don't feel like I could right now. Maybe one day. If anyone has any words of wisdom to share about my job situation, please share...I feel like I'm at such a crappy crossroads right now.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously think you might feel QUITE differently about it in four months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God works in mysterious ways my dear. You will do what's best for you and for your family and God will provide you with what you need. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete