Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life in the Bubble

It's almost been one week since I checked myself into the psych ward. Today was a typical day except for the fact that I was lucky enough to see Adelyn (Greg brought her here). It was really nice to see her, and we had a great visit, but at the end I was ready for her to go. I hate that I don't cry when she leaves, and I hate that I don't yearn for her like I think a real mother should. Most often times I feel very ambivalent about the whole sitiation...uncaring. I WANT to get better but sometimes I just shut everything down and find that I lose the ability to care about anything.

I spend a lot of time with my own head these days, and I wish that it would help me figure things out. I'm very anxious because I feel like I won't know when I am better - I have no idea what "well" feels like and that scares the crap out of me. How will I know when I'm ready to go home? How will I TRULY know? Every other time I have thought that I was fine, just to end up right back here again. I no longer trust myself or my thoughts.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I am undergoing a pretty big medication switch. So far, I haven't experienced any severe withdrawal effects except for some hot flashes and agitation. My agitation includes the "bad" thoughts that keep re-surfacing. I picture people being killed, I see people hanging, I imagine gouging someone's eyes out. I SEE these things, not desire to do them - very complex to explain, just like everything else! I am assured though, that an increase in my symptoms is very common and that I shouldn't worry because I am in the right place.

So, there you have it - my somewhat short and sweet update for the day. I don't know how many updates I will be able to do since internet access is very limited in here, but I will do my best.

1 comment:

  1. I have not been in your exact position before, but I do know what it's like to not know what "better" feels like. It feels like this is just how life is going to go on and you'll never know happy again. It's a horrible feeling, and I'm sorry that you're in that space. Switching meds can be a tricky business and I'm glad you're in the right place. I know these are empty words but trust that things will get better.

    ReplyDelete