Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Why I Jumped"


When I was in the hospital I read an amazing book called "Why I Jumped" by Tina Zahn. This woman had such an amazing story to share, and I am blessed to have read her words. Below I have included the link on youtube where you can see Tina actually jump over the bridge and be rescued...
Although I'm happy to have read this book, and am amazed at the video, I still find that I'm missing the point of her message; hope. She speaks about her harrowing rescue and return to life through faith, but when I read her story all I can think about is the bridge. The crying, the thoughts that this won't end, the hopelessness. To me, her story ends on the bridge and I totally miss the happy ending. Happiness, what is that anyway?
I would absolutely love to write a book one day about my experience - to provide someone else with hope and faith for a future. I just have to get there myself first, and I have a hard time picturing myself on the other side.
So for now I sit on my bridge, dangling my feet over the edge and praying that someone will come rescue ME and revive my faith in a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. The time WILL come... and I can't wait for you to feel that too <3 Hope comes in tiny packages too.... you can have hope that you'll make it through the day, hope that you can complete a task etc etc. Baby steps - remember?

    Also, I think it would be amazing if you wrote a book. Your experience is so powerful and has already inspired soo many - I hope you realize that!

    Love you. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder - that hope comes in tiny packages...you're right, hope just to get through the day is a light at the end of my tunnel. Thank Kris. Love you.

    ReplyDelete