Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mommy Was Wrong

So I will have to eat my words...turns out Adelyn was indeed teething these past two weeks or so. I felt the tooth last night - at least I have an answer as to why she was sooo cranky and unbearable for about a week last week. That helps me mentally because I feel like, if it's just short term, its manageable. If that's just her personality, that's not manageable (in my mind). So, Greg was right and I was wrong, but I'm happy to be wrong in this case.

How are things going otherwise? Well, on a personal (maybe too personal) note, I got my period today - that also is a good thing because it helps to explain my downward spiral in the last week. The teething combined with PMS is just NOT a great combination in my world. As for the PMS I am starting to feel better and a little more upbeat, although I'm still finding work to be a great challenge.

I find it very hard to get motivated at work because of my energy level. I only work two days, but that is definitely long enough right now. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but because of the lingering depression it seems like such a feat to put on that face and do my job. I feel terrible because I want to do the best job I can but sometimes I fall short. I just pray that people don't see through me...that I can put on a face brave enough to weather the storm.

And what about FACS? Well, I haven't heard back from them since Monday - I have a meeting with them and IMPACT (mental health support team) this afternoon, when I will hear what my fate is in terms of spending time with Adelyn. I hope I can keep my two hours alone with her...I have been doing well at this, like this morning I took her to the Early Year's Centre and to the mall. This afternoon I will take her grocery shopping. When I go out with her I am fine, it's when I'm at home and she's crying and upset that I can't take it.

So hopefully FACS will hear me out and let me keep things as they are. I will find out in a few hours...

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy things are turning around for you... you are handling it SO well. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad it was just teething. Matthew's been teething lately and it's killing me. He's not eating and thus, not sleeping JUST when we got him to sleep finally! That plus PMS is a deadly combination. I know even I feel depressed when I'm PMSing. I hope things will start looking up soon. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete