Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Loud and Clear...?

Just checking in since my last post, I'm sure some of you have been wondering how I have been doing. In a word, I've been great. I have my moments, but overall I feel like a normal, healthy, human being. It's an amazing and wonderful change. I have no one to thank but God, and I am making it my mission to spread the awe-inspiring work that He has done in my life.

Now, I may lose some readers because of the focus of my posts, and that's okay with me. Mainly, I want to use this blog to track my progress and the glorify the name of God through what I share. I believe I have a message to give to others, and maybe, just maybe, it will touch someone's heart. One can only hope anyways.

The most significant change in my life has been the ability to reduce some of my medications - which I had tried previously and failed. I have completely stopped Seroquel (anti-psychotic) and Wellbutrin (anti-depressant) with minimal to zero side effects. I have also reduced my other anti-psychotic by half. I am now (only) taking an antidepressant, a mood stabilizer, and an antipsychotic. Take this information for what it's worth, but I know that it means that God is working powerfully in my life, to allow me to reduce as much as I have with no side effects. I have not yet told my doctor, but I'm praying that she will take the news with an open mind and not be too upset with me. Yes, I know I should have done with this the doctor's blessing...I do realize that, however, I'm following God's lead and this is what I've been directed to do and I know that it will be fine. I'm not stupid, I'm not stopping all my meds, but I was on so much that it was overkill and everyone knew it (except my doctor apparently).

The one thing I have really been struggling with, is finding a direction in my life. God told me that reflexology and the sugaring were not right at this moment in time and now I feel a little lost. I am doing my recreation therapy and that seems to be going well. That brings me to being able to share another answer to prayer; I quit sugaring and reflexology on a Wednesday, and I was terrified about the financial loss that this would equate to. Then, on Thursday I got a call for a job that I didn't even apply for...! It was 8 hours per week and I was pretty much offered the job right away, I never even had a formal interview. This job is recreation and they pay very well. It makes up what I lost, and then some. Coincidence? I don't think so.

So now what am I going to do? I am going to try and be the best mother and wife that I can be, and to work diligently at the tasks that have been given to me. At the same time, I feel a very strong calling to complete an education in Christian Counseling, to give back to others and to make a purpose for my suffering. I really want to start a counseling ministry when the time is right. I have qualified to take a Masters in Christian Counseling, but now I just need th money. I'm praying that God will provide this for me, if it is really what He wants me to do. Now I just wait and hope that I'm hearing His voice loud and clear, and not my own.

I want to thank all of you for reading and for your on-going support. I am honoured to have all of you in my life. I could not have gotten through what I have gotten through if it weren't for all of you and your prayers and words of encouragement. I thank-you for that whole-heartedly.

Please continue to pray that God will provide a way for me to take this education, or that He will show me another way. Thanks again.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment